Metal Detecting. Beach and Land Metal detecting!

Metal detecting uk. Beach and Land metal detecting.

This is a blog of my finds and experiences as a metal detector in the South East of England.

This blog features tips and advice for beginners, as well as being an archive of my most favourite finds and experiences as a metal detectorist around these parts. Excellent resource sites are also featured here.


Tuesday 25 May 2010

Here's a tip (I'm almost embarassed to mention this one...)

Ok, i'm not proud. I know you'll think I'm an idiot. And rightly so. Please all point at me and shout "IDIOT!". I may learn.

Get something to carry your finds in. Some sort of pouch or tin. Something that can be sealed safely. Why Am I telling you this? Well...

I was detecting in a sandy park recently. I found a pound coin. I placed said pound coin into my top pocket, and carried on my merry way.

Soon after this, I found another pound coin. My biggest hoard yet. I then found another pound coin, and then another....and then another and then, all of a sudden, in a flash of self hatred, I noticed something...

Each coin seemed to be oxidised in exactly the same way. Yup, you guessed it. It was the same coin. As I was bending down to check out targets, I was dropping the same frikkin coin out of my pocket, only to find it again later.

Don't do this. Get a pouch or tin. Save yourself the hatred.

No comments:

Post a Comment