Metal Detecting. Beach and Land Metal detecting!

Metal detecting uk. Beach and Land metal detecting.

This is a blog of my finds and experiences as a metal detector in the South East of England.

This blog features tips and advice for beginners, as well as being an archive of my most favourite finds and experiences as a metal detectorist around these parts. Excellent resource sites are also featured here.


Tuesday 27 July 2010

Here's an odd find....!

So I was scanning a local beach.  The tide was out, so I thought i'd have a go at the point where the sand becomes pebbles, and the black sand that surrounded it.  As I was detecting, I noticed a 'moving rock' in the far off distance, near the sea.

It was pretty late at night, and dark at this point, so I couldn't really see properly.

I walked towards the object, only to be greeted by two huge, sad looking eyes!

A baby seal:


A baby seal, might not be too surprising for a lot of you, but I've never seen one in my time on the south coast.  My guess was that he was lost, and needed to get back in the sea.

It took me about an hour and a half to get Mr Snorkles back into the sea.  In which time, he chased me, tried to bite me and was generally quite grumpy.  In the end, I whistled, and he followed.  I have no idea why.

Before he went on his merry way, I scanned him with my detector.

He beeped...

2 comments:

  1. Lmao, kris never knew this happened. Lol And He Beeped :)

    Ps. Almost 5 Years, wheres it all gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was before I knew you! Time eh? It's a bugger....

      Delete