Metal Detecting. Beach and Land Metal detecting!

Metal detecting uk. Beach and Land metal detecting.

This is a blog of my finds and experiences as a metal detector in the South East of England.

This blog features tips and advice for beginners, as well as being an archive of my most favourite finds and experiences as a metal detectorist around these parts. Excellent resource sites are also featured here.


Thursday 13 May 2010

My recommended detector.

After rushing in to buy my first detector from E-bay, I learnt a harsh lesson:  Pick your instrument wisely.

I was happliy wandering around, getting addicted to bleeps, but finding very little with my new detector.  I was finding stuff, but it wasn't that often, and I was getting a lot of mixed signals from the detector.  It would bleep, and then the target would just vanish after I had dug a massive hole.  Very frustrating.

It was after a chance meeting with another detectorist, that I knew I had to invest once more.  J and I would go out, and he would be constantly finding targets, while I just had frustration.

The difference, I feel, is that J's detector was a motion sensor.  The C-scope3MX is a great detector, because you can literally pinpoint the target to the exact location.  It also has settings that eliminate small bits of rubbish, such as small iron etc.  So, after seeing some of the great finds J has got, I decided to purchase this detector.

(Update: Here is my review of this detector)

No comments:

Post a Comment