Metal Detecting. Beach and Land Metal detecting!

Metal detecting uk. Beach and Land metal detecting.

This is a blog of my finds and experiences as a metal detector in the South East of England.

This blog features tips and advice for beginners, as well as being an archive of my most favourite finds and experiences as a metal detectorist around these parts. Excellent resource sites are also featured here.


Wednesday 13 October 2010

My first real 'old' coin!

This one has got me excited.  Not because it maybe worth anything, but because it's my first real coin of age.  It's in pretty good condition as well, although these pictures don't do it justice.

It's definatly a Charles of some sort, but I couldn't figure when exactly.  So I did a bit of probing, and found this here, which is exactly the same as my coin, although the image has rubeed off on mine.  The lettering, and front etc are the same.




It's in better condition than mine.


2 comments:

  1. Was this found with your cs3mx? Great find! I hope to get mine next year.Its good to know that there are some good finds to be had in our part of kent. Simon Oliver-Ashford

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Simon :) Yes, it was with the 3MX. Its a brilliant field, but check my latest blog post for bad news. I only got on there for one day!

    ReplyDelete